ANNOUNCEMENTS

If you're looking for behind the scenes, exclusive content.... be sure to join my Facebook group where I post almost daily. Just click on the FB icon below!!!

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thirty Interviews in Thirty Days: Day #1



Today, RaeBeth McGee-Buda is stopping by to talk about her books and tell us a little about herself. Enjoy learning about what drives her and check out her work!

Q: What inspired you to write SILENCED?

RaeBeth McGee-Buda: There are several things that have inspired me to write SILENCED. First of all the lack of knowledge that I’m seeing when it comes to depression and self harm. I’ve met so many people that had no clue self harm existed.  Second I suffer from depression and in the past did cutting to help me feel I had control some where within my life. I felt like the depression controlled me.  In my opinion, it’s time that depression and self harm become another issue people bring awareness to.

SILENCED isn’t about having the perfect storyline or the perfect adventure. It’s to help people understand. Thus inspiring me to try to help those people understand.

Q: Your reviewers praised SILENCED as an entertaining book – “I was instantly drawn in and hooked” – and at the same time one that “put into words the feelings of depression.” Do you write largely for entertainment, or do you also try to deliver a message?

RaeBeth McGee-Buda: I do both. SILENCED is mainly to deliver the message that depression and self harm are serious issues that need attention. The aspect of Amber and her love with Landon tends to shadow the cutting but doesn’t make it go away. Depression doesn’t just happen a few times a year. It’s all the time. Depression doesn’t just sporadically show up one day and isn’t gone the next.

Q: How much are you or people you know part of your book?

RaeBeth McGee-Buda: There’s several people that I know wrapped into Amber, which is the main character. Landon is based on a person close to me. Other than this, all the other characters are there to help the story along with very little based on real people.

Q:  How do you engage your readers to care about your characters?

RaeBeth McGee-Buda: I try to make the characters as close to the “real” person they are based on. Each character acts like someone in their own way that I either know or have seen.  I try to engage the readers by bringing them into the mind of the main character. SILENCED is in the first person point of view.

Q: How relevant is setting to your story? Could it be set anywhere?

RaeBeth McGee-Buda: Yes, SILENCED can be set anywhere. When I was beginning the story of SILENCED my Hubby was stationed in North Carolina while he was in the United States Marines. This is why I based Amber’s hometown in North Carolina. When I finished writing SILENCED, I was living in West Virginia. Therefore, this is the reason why it takes place in West Virginia.

Q:  What is your favorite part of being a writer?

RaeBeth McGee-Buda: I love hearing that someone enjoyed my work. It gives me more of a drive to carry on with my writing. It helps me see that there are people out there that can relate to my work. It’s an amazing feeling.

Q: Are there heroes and villains in your story? How would you define them?

RaeBeth McGee-Buda: As for SILENCED, no there aren’t any heroes or villains. So I suppose this question really doesn’t pertain to this particular story.

Q: When you’re not writing, what do you do? Hobbies? Sailing? Knitting? Standup comedy? Favorite music?  Favorite authors? Do you have a muse?

RaeBeth McGee-Buda: When I’m not writing, I read and review other books. I help other authors get the word out about their book. My hobby is blogging. I own one called The Writing World, which I use to post my reviews of the books I read, interview authors, and share the word on books. I have many authors I would consider my favorite but if I had to choose a famous author… it would be Edgar Allen Poe.

Check out more from RaeBeth at her Facebook Pageher Blog, Twitter, and her Website.



Silenced
 Blurb
Amber Brown spent her entire existence believing Dave was her father. When her mother reveals this is untrue, she goes through an emotional spiral with depression. It’s hard for her to believe her mother had lied to her all this time.

A move to a new home and town causes Amber to be consumed by her “darkness” and reverts to cutting to free herself from her pain.

When Casey, her new friend enters her life, she introduces Amber to parties, drugs, and Amber’s new boyfriend Landon. The secret of cutting begins to take affect on Amber as she tries to hide it from her friends and family. In the midst of everything, Amber has the desire to find out who her biological father is.

Follow Amber through her trials of depression and cutting, along with the discovery of love.





Silenced 2: The Overtaking
Release Date: August 2013
Blurb:
In life when one thing goes wrong, it can feel like everything goes wrong. Secrets come to the surface while friendships twist out of control, romantic relationships end, and even a dear loved one can die!

In Silenced: The Overtaking Amber’s life turns to chaos when she finds out Sarah, her childhood friend dies suddenly, her stepfather reveals another devastating family secret, and her boyfriend begins pushing her away.

After all the truth comes out, Amber turns to her darkness for comfort when her worst fear becomes reality. Her secret with cutting is discovered when she loses control and ends up in the hospital. Amber’s long journey to recovery begins with a battle. While she’s fighting her way to freedom, she discovers the one love she’s been missing her entire life.

Will Amber overtake her darkness of cutting or will the darkness overtake her?

Official Book Trailer







***Original Post can be found here.*** 

3 comments:

  1. I am also a person the suffers from depression, this book is a great way to help others learn about it and also learn about self harm and that it isn't the way out and that you can get help and get though whatever it is that may be troubling you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When asked if you had a muse you forgot to mention that your muse has wings <3
    Great job; very professional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview. I like Edgar Allen Poe but sadly not a lot of kids know about him anymore as they don't read it in schools.

    ReplyDelete