ANNOUNCEMENTS

If you're looking for behind the scenes, exclusive content.... be sure to join my Facebook group where I post almost daily. Just click on the FB icon below!!!

Monday, December 2, 2013

Thirty #Interviews in Thirty Days.... Day 2.

Thirty Interviews in 30 Days.... 

Welcome to the second interview I am highlighting on my blog. This was originally done on the Writing Dreams blog. You can find the original post here.

****


Who is your favorite author?
I have so many favorite authors. Those who are well known would be James Rollins, Edgar Allen Poe, and Stephen King.

How do you describe your writing style?
My writing style is one where the readers feel my words. I strive to make my words as real as possible. I want the readers to be pulled into the story and be able to see it clearly within their minds. I write directly from my heart, therefore how I feel about what I am writing is clear within the words that are written.

Use no more than two sentences. Why should we read your book?
The message is the overall importance with my books because of the touch with depression and self harm. I’m trying to bring more awareness to such a taboo subject. 

Have any of your characters been modeled after yourself?
Yes, as a matter of fact, Amber is modeled after me. A lot of what she endures within the series was what I endured within my own life.

If you could exchange lives with any of your characters for a day which character would you choose and why?
This would be hard to answer because I personally know each character within the series. I based each one off of a person I personally know.

What books have most influenced your life?
There has only been one…. my Bible.

If you could select one book that you could rewrite and add your own unique twist on, which book would that be and why?
Oh this is a tough one. But I would choose Nature Calls by Bonnie Bernard. There is one section within this book that really had me going and I’d love to base a story off of the one part. 

Beatles or Monkees? Why?
Neither. I’m really not familiar with either…. LOL

Who should play you in a film of your life?
I would say Kate Hudson. I think she would do an amazing job. She’s my favorite actress and from some of the interviews I have watched, she and I are alike in many ways.

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad you can help people with your books and touch so many lives, also that you can put yourself in each story to show readers that yes this is real and I have dealt with it and I am stronger from it and can over come my problems and so can you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool interview. I have not read James Rollins books yet but I want to. Stephen King is one of my favorite authors as well. I like how you are bringing awareness to such a subject that most people throw under the rug or do not want to bring to light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pproudof my wife for enduring so much and still going. Great person and great author

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview. I'm so proud of you. After being through so much that would knock one down, you have pulled yourself up and continued on. I think you're doing an amazing job with handling everything you have been given in life. You have endured so much and are an inspiration to many.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of you! Continue to be an inspiration to others!

    ReplyDelete