ANNOUNCEMENTS

If you're looking for behind the scenes, exclusive content.... be sure to join my Facebook group where I post almost daily. Just click on the FB icon below!!!

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thirty #Interviews in Thirty Days #Event - Day 3





Hi Raebeth thank you for accepting to be interviewed. As my blog says Complete randomness from a crazy author so expect the unexpected J
How long have you wanted to be a writer?
I’ve always been a writer. It’s just recently that I’ve considered myself as an author. I’ve written short stories and poems. As an adult, I’ve exchanged the short stories and poems for novels.
Have you come up against any hurdles along the way?
Of course. When I first began expanding on Silenced (which started as a short story) I was a new mom. So in between learning to be a mom I was writing. I’ve moved several times while writing Silenced so this made it harder to finish. But I finally accomplished it and I’m thrilled.
That’s brilliant. I know exactly where you are coming from. I wrote one short story just after I had my youngest. Then my eldest was asking me for another story and I was moving home J
What would you say is the most difficult thing about being a writer is?
I would say right now would be finding the time to write. I have my six year old daughter and I’m pregnant with my second. I’m a stay at home mom and therefore the household chores are my duty as well. 
Snap! I try and write when everyone is in bed, that way I can give my writing my full attention, but still I get side tracked lol.
What or who inspires you to write?
Life inspires me to write and so does my daughter. I gleam with happiness when I see her sitting on the couch with one of my books pretending to read it. She has so much support for me.. That it’s actually inspiring to write more. 
Children are amazing. My series is named after my eldest and she has a sister in it who is named after my youngest J
If  your books are a series, how many books do you plan to have in your series?
At this time there’s only two books. First is Silenced and I’m working on the second. I’ve titled the second Silenced: The Overtaking.
Do you have any other writing projects on the go, apart from your current series?
Yes I do. It’s a paranormal book. 
If you could be any of your characters who would it be and why?
I would be the main character out of my paranormal book I’m writing. Although I can’t say why because I don’t want to give anything away about this book just yet.
What genre would you say your books are in?
Silenced & Silenced: The Overtaking are in young adult, suspense, and general fiction.
“Unknown” (I am unsure exactly if I’m going to stick with the current title) is in the paranormal genre.
Do you have any favourite authors?
Yes I have a lot of favorite authors. To name a few…. Edgar Allen Poe and Stephen King.
As a Brit we have one burning question going around our country…………… Do you scrunch or fold? ;) (toilet paper)
Totally threw me off with this one… LOL…. Fold..
LOL I do like to be random ;)
What do you like to do besides writing?
I enjoy reading, spending time with family, or dancing all crazy to loud music with my daughter. Therefore… I work on making memories too.
You sound like me lol.
What is your favourite cheese?
I really don’t like cheese.
Sweet or savoury?
Sweet
Would you rather be attacked by one horse sized duck or 20 duck sized horses?
I would say one horse sized duck. I’m not coordinated enough to watch all 20 duck sized horse. Therefore that one is a guaranteed loss.
If you had one wish that I could wave a magic wand and grant you, what would it be and why?
I would want depression, self harm, and cancer to be non-existent. 
Thank you Raebeth for taking the time to answer my questions. I love your name J

2 comments:

  1. Cool interview. I bet it is easy to get sidetrack to write even in bed. Horse sized duck. Oh my goodness I don't even want to imagine what that looks like lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great interview beth :)

    ReplyDelete