ANNOUNCEMENTS

If you're looking for behind the scenes, exclusive content.... be sure to join my Facebook group where I post almost daily. Just click on the FB icon below!!!

Monday, December 9, 2013

Thirty #Interviews in Thirty Days #Event- Day 9





1) Who are you? What do you do?

   - I'm just a woman who fell in love with writing. So, I am RaeBeth and I write for a living.
 

2) What is your writing process? Do you follow a regular routine?
   
   - My writing process doesn't follow any regular routine. I write when my muse decides to work with me. When that happens, I can write about 10,000 words in a day.. easy. 

3) What are the most important elements of good writing? According to you, what tools are must-haves for writers?

  - I feel the most important elements of good writing is editing. This is above anything I believe. When I grab a book and it's nothing but a bunch of misspelled words, it draws me out of the book. I also think that it's a good idea to watch how much cursing is used within the book. I have put down books and not read them because of too much cursing. 

4) What motivates you to write?

- Life motivates me. Writing is my outlet. If I wouldn't write, then I'd be going crazy. The characters within me that have been born and will be born would be shouting at me every day. That would drive me nuts. I have to write!!


5) Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it?

- Yes I do. I don't do anything about it. I have found that if I force the writing, it's not that good in the end. Therefore, I have to wait until I get past it and write.

6) Do you have any advice for other writers?

- Believe. You can do it. When you publish a book, you will find some really mean people out there. Overlook them and push on. Don't let someone else dictate what your future holds.

7) What is the message in your book? What are your readers’ reactions to it?

-Silenced: The message here is about what it could be like in the eyes of a cutter.

-Silenced 2: The message is that with enough will power and the right type of support, you can overcome cutting.

-Saying Goodbye: The message is hope. Even when the unthinkable happens, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. 

8) Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

-I have learned to follow me. There will be a lot of people out there who will be doing things that you'll find interesting. That it works for them, but it won't necessarily work for you. It will take time, but I can do it!

9) What are your current / future projects?

- I am working on a paranormal read about witches, witches, and demons. As well as, a book about a mother who contacts her youngest daughter after she passes, so she can try to bring her family back together after her death.

10) What book(s) / author(s) have influenced your life and writing?

- I wouldn't say books have influenced me, although they do help me. I find myself wanting to write sometimes while I am reading. There are several authors who have influenced me: Jaime Gibson, Lee Ryder, Dianatha Jones, JH Glaze, and KB Miller. 

1 comment: