ANNOUNCEMENTS

If you're looking for behind the scenes, exclusive content.... be sure to join my Facebook group where I post almost daily. Just click on the FB icon below!!!

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Book Corner: 'More Than' Discussion



Good morning and welcome to the third week of our discussion in the book, 
More Than: Abandon Your Labels, Embrace Your Calling. 

Before starting this book, I wasn't sure what to expect. I wasn't sure what I could get out of it. I 'm one of those people who just pick up a book and start reading, especially if I'm drawn to the cover. I hardly ever read the back or the first few pages on the inside. I believe that the Lord drew me to this book and wanted me to read it. Everything about it shows me this. 

The Lord knew that I wouldn't have been able to purchase the book when I did because of funds being tight for Christmas and when I found it, it was free on Amazon. (Sign #1) Then, out of hundreds of books on my Kindle, the cover spoke to me. It is pretty and the exact style that I love. (Sign #2) Now the contents within the book are showing me things that really never crossed my mind. Things that I need to see. Things I need to follow. 

Here's to our Lord and His wonderful, mysterious ways, which I love!

Let's discuss the Third Chapter. 

In this Chapter, the author speaks on being relabeled.

When we let go of our old labels and allow God to relabel us, we are allowing Him the room needed to reform us into what He has for us. We're giving Him the ability to repurpose our lives; to fulfill the promises He made to us. 

Several things hit the spot for me while reading and I felt the need to highlight them because they're important to remember.

"No longer are we concerned about what we can achieve. It becomes all about what we can give, who can help and the amount of hope we can spread." (pg 30)
WOW! That speaks to me so much. When we allow God to take over, He's able to perform miracles within us, which can lead to our new and improved labels. How awesome is that?

"Instead of being unwanted, you have been chosen. Instead of being a failure, you are victorious.Even more than that, you are beautiful, intelligent, wanted, accepted, joyful, loved, desired, unique, and set apart. You are more than any word that I could ever put on this page, because you were crafted in His image and He adores you." (pg. 31)

This gives me cold chills. It's powerful! How many times have you looked in the mirror and thought negative things about the person you saw in front of you? Well, here's it is... well worded and couldn't be any more true. Our outer beauty DOES NOT MATTER! Beauty remains on the inside. So, THROW AWAY ALL NEGATIVE LABELS AND LIVE THE ONES MENTIONED HERE. You're worth it to our Lord and that's all that matters!

The author asks, "What is the one word that has replaced all the noise in your life?" We are able to truthfully answer this question when we let go of the old and embraced the new. We've had a lot of time in between chapters so we could reflect back during the week on what we've read. How would you answer this question?

My answer is this. FAITHFUL and FORGIVEN and CHOSEN! The word Faith has followed each turn I made so far within this year and I have seen circumstances where I have been forgiven. I believe that Christ chose me to inspire and help others see His love. 

****

What did you take from this chapter? How will you use it in the days to come?



No comments:

Post a Comment