ANNOUNCEMENTS

If you're looking for behind the scenes, exclusive content.... be sure to join my Facebook group where I post almost daily. Just click on the FB icon below!!!

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Book Corner: 'More Than' Discussion


Welcome to the second week of our book discussion.

We're on Chapter Two this week.

Man, this chapter hits home for me. 

In this Chapter, the author speaks on purposes for our lives. 

While I was reading this chapter, I completely understood that my plan is wayyy different than the plan the Lord has for me and my life.

Back in school when the teacher would ask us "what do you want to be when you grow up?" I always answered teacher. I loved the idea of helping children learn and preparing them for their adult lives. However, my adult life has been much different.

Right before I graduated, I had been enrolled into Laurel Business Institute for Cosmetology and Massage Therapy. Shortly after getting my start date, the Lord threw me for a loop and I found out I was pregnant. Seeing how I was pregnant, I couldn't continue my education until after I had given birth. 

By the time my daughter came into the world, I lost the desire to go to college because I wanted to focus on my daughter. It wasn't until years later that I went back to school. 

Now, if someone would have told me that my future would throw me off rail with the loss of my second daughter, I wouldn't have believed them. Who thinks that a stillbirth would happen to them? 

Once my daughter was born, I shifted my focus on to God. Since then I have been allowing God to lead the way.

****

In Chapter 2, the author asks "What is one thing or things that tug at your heart when you see and/or hear about it? (Is it human trafficking, childhood proverty, animals, homelessness, teenage suicide...)

My answer to this is homelessness. Any time I see a person standing at an intersection with a cardboard sign in their hands, my heart aches. I pray to God and ask him to guide me in this situation. I always feel led to help. I've given rides to a few people, food, or even just general conversation. (Yes, I get told about this all the time, but I trust God and listen to His word.)

Another question the author asks is, "If you could go beyond yourself, what burden would you want to lift, fight for or conquer?"

I wouldn't say it's a burden but it's definately painful. I would (and do) go out of my way to make it known that my daughter existed and that pregnancy loss is (unfortunately) happening. I pray that Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness is right beside Breast Cancer Awareness one day!

****

My favorite quote from this chapter was:

I don't know if it was a bad diagnosis, the death of a loved one, the loss of a child, infidelity, a divorce, loss of finances or some other terrible unforeseen circumstances, but there is a God who is greater than all those things. A God who can take what seems like a mess in your life and turn it into a beautiful story of purpose, future and hope. (Chapter 2, pg 28)


What are your thoughts on this chapter? What do you think God's purpose is for your life? Is His plan different than yours? How would you answer the two questions from the book? What is your favorite quote from this chapter? 


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry sweetie, haven't felt like reading these past few days. I'll catch up though.....

    ReplyDelete