ANNOUNCEMENTS

If you're looking for behind the scenes, exclusive content.... be sure to join my Facebook group where I post almost daily. Just click on the FB icon below!!!

Monday, February 8, 2016

The Power of Love: Unconditional

Unconditional love. 

Do you know the meaning of this...the true meaning?

Let's take a look at what the meaning of unconditional love is. It means to show affection without limitations or conditions. It's associated with true or complete love. 

To love without conditions is a rare type of love that some believe takes a lifetime to find. Of course, if we have a relationship with Christ, we most certainly know how it feels to be loved unconditionally. Regardless of our past sins, Jesus loves us and even showed us this by the cross. 

Another aspect of life where we find unconditional love is with our very own children. Thinking about it, there isn't anything in this world that my son or daughter could do that would make me love them any less. Yes, they test my daughter tests my limits at times but this doesn't change anything with the way I love her. 

Now if we think about unconditional love towards our spouse... does this change any? Do you love your spouse regardless of what he/she has done and is forgiveness ever present within your marriage? I know when it comes to my husband, I will always love him unconditionally and forgive him as I have always done. My husband and I have been through so much that most would say would push us apart, however, once we got past it, we ended up being even closer. 

Let's talk a bit more about this unconditional love I'm speaking of. I define it as caring for someone in a selfless way. This type of love is hard work for one to give or sustain in life. It's looking past all the flaws and failures. It's pushing the person forward when they feel as if they want to give up. It's standing by this person even when no one else will. It's genuine love that's tough and demanding on both parties and it's the one love that needs constant care. 

This type of love is selfless, as I have mentioned above. Part of loving unconditionally is that we put others first. We aren't too quick to judge or dismiss them. We take the time to truly understand them and we want the best for them. Having a selfless type of love means that one doesn't try to figure out what's in it for them. They don't focus on their wants and desires. 

God wants us to love others as He loves the church. This is the purest type of love there is. I'm always excited where the next step of unconditional love is going to take me. 

How would you define unconditional love? Is it important to you? What would you add to this?

I believe that it should be because it's the best type of love one could ever experience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment