ANNOUNCEMENTS

If you're looking for behind the scenes, exclusive content.... be sure to join my Facebook group where I post almost daily. Just click on the FB icon below!!!

Monday, December 7, 2015

Faith in Action: A Mustard Seed

He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you. - Luke 17:6

I'm sure you have heard this verse many times before but have you ever stopped to truly see what it means for us today? First let's take a look at the mustard seed. 

Look at how TINY a mustard seed is -------> 


It's so small that you can hardly see it when holding it. This is the point of faith. It only takes a tiny bit and we can move mountains through God. How amazing is that? 

Faith wasn't something that was easy for me to come by and I do find myself struggling with it at times. I mean I am only human. However, when I feel my faith wavering, I stop to think of this verse and what Jesus told his apostles. When I start doubting, I remember Jesus telling the apostles that they needed to increase their faith. 

Jesus said, "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that birds come and perch in its branches. (Matthew 13: 31-32)

We are God's creation, his family, sons and daughters. We have been commissioned as Saints. We are to walk the earth as we proclaim of His return. If we believe and have faith, we can do wonders within this world through Jesus Christ. 

When we have faith, it's a hard road. I'm not saying it's going to be easy, however just the smallest bit of faith can be grown through our dedication and love toward Christ. If we devote our time to reading His word like we devote to checking our Facebook page, just imagine all of the things we can do for Christ!! 

But most of all, we NEED to put our faith in Christ. He said that he would never leave us, even when times are tough or when we sin. He still loves us. I know how rough life can get. I've been through so much that was designed to ruffle my feathers and it could have wavered my faith. However, in my darkest moments, Jesus was there for me. He listened to my cries and answered my prayers. 

Let me tell you about how my faith started with Jesus.  

I was at the lowest of lows. My soul was crushed and shattered. I was planning the one thing in life I never imagined that I'd have to do. I hurting because of the death/burial of my infant daughter. She was born still, forever sleeping, or some may recognize it as a stillbirth. I was lost, damaged, and depressed.

On this particular day, I was alone at home. My husband was at work and my oldest daughter was in school. I was supposed to be picking up the house and doing my daily chores. However, instead of doing my wifely duties, I sat in the corner of my living room, worship music blasting through the speakers of my computer while I held on to the only thing I had left of her; her hospital blanket. 

I remember standing up, walking to the center of the room, and crying out to God. I went weak in the knees and dropped to the floor. While praying, I asked God, "Why?" I did a bunch of unrecognizable rambles through my screams of pain and heartbreak.

Then, the most unexpected thing happened. My music stopped in mid-song. Then jumped to another song on the list. (Phil Collins "You'll Be in My Heart) started blasting through the room. Immediately, my sobs stopped. I turned to look at my computer and a strong peace filled the room. I felt comfort, love, and a renewed strength. That's when I knew that Jesus was with me. To this day, these words ring in my mind when I'm faced with difficulty: 

Come stop your crying
It will be alright
Just take my hand
Hold it tight

I will protect you
From all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry

For one so small,
You seem so strong
My arms will hold you,
Keep you safe and warm
This bond between us
Can't be broken
I will be here
Don't you cry

I believe that these words are to me from Jesus. He was comforting me. He told me to stop crying and hold His hand because He was going to protect me from all that was going on around me. He was promising me that he wasn't going to leave me. To the world, I'm small but through Christ, He had made me strong. However, when I would feel the need to fall, His arms would catch me, keeping me safe and warm. That's where our bond grew and I knew it'd never be broken.

That day was the day that my mustard seed was watered and began to sprout in all directions. 

Think about it: Is your faith that of a mustard seed that's waiting to be watered by Jesus so it can grow into something so profound, that it will change your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment