- Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
This question I get most often and each time I try to give a little more away. So, it’s a given that I’m a person who loves writing but I also love reading. I am part of an amazing reviewing group where I help other authors out by reading and reviewing their work. I’m a full time Mommy of (soon to be) two little girls and a blogger.
- What do you do when you are not writing?
At this time I do the “mommy” thing. I take care of the house and my family. They always come first. Then comes my writing.
- Do you have a day job as well?
I would consider my “day job” to be a blogger. I devote a lot of my time to preparing posts for upcoming events for other authors. I love giving back to the amazing authors I know and to those I have yet to meet.
- How did you choose the genre you write in?
I haven’t really planned on staying with one genre. I have several ideas I’m working on right now which are part of different genre’s. I mainly write for young adult/new adult. I’m even dabbing with the idea of a romance too.
- Do you work with an outline, or just write?
Most of the time I just write. I tried doing the outline but I never stick with them.
- Can you tell us about your challenges in getting your first book published?
Oh my there’s been several. I’m not one for talking about others, therefore I can’t really go into detail here. But what author hasn’t come up to challenges when publishing a book?
- If you had to go back and do it all over, is there any aspect of your novel or getting it published that you would change?
If I could go back (which I’m still thinking of doing) I’d have another editor look at my book Silenced and see if they could help make it better. I know there are mistakes within the version out there and I plan on fixing those before any box sets come out.
- Can you tell us about your upcoming book?
Sure. I’ve decided to call it Silenced 2: The Overtaking. It continues Amber's story with depression, cutting, and the drama that unfolded in book one. Lots of fans will finally have answers to the questions they’ve been waiting for and there’s even a huge surprise of events within this one too.
I’m working hard to finish it and prepare it for the beta readers. Then eventually into the hands of my editor. I’m really hoping to have it completed by mid to late summer.
- Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?
Silenced is based on both. There are parts which I’ve written in that has actually happened and parts that are totally made up. Most of the book is based on real life though.
- How did you come up with the title?
I thought the title Silenced was perfect because when a person cuts, they are “silencing” their pain. Even if it is only temporary.
- What project are you working on now?
I’m working on several. My main focus is The Overtaking right now. I’m wanting to get it into the hands of my fans very soon.
- Will you have a new book coming out soon?
I’d love to have the actual date, but unfortunately at this time, there isn’t one.
- What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?
The toughest criticism I got as an author wasn’t actually directed at me but at the editor. Several people pointed out the misspelled words and punctuation within Silenced to me shortly after it was released. When they brought it to my attention, they were less then nice about it. That’s all I will say on that part. I’ve also been said that I don’t connect with the main character, which is hard to see. Amber is partly based off of me.
The best compliment is each and every review I get. Even if it’s less than perfect. I enjoy seeing what each person that reads it has to say. I take the bad and learn from them. I use the good to help me push through the rough times.
- Do you have any advice to give to aspiring writers?
No matter how tough it seems to get, keep going!!!!
FUN and Wacky questions
- Have you ever gone out in public with your shirt on backwards, or your slippers on, and when realizing it, just said screw it?
Not that I can remember but I have went out in my pajamas.
- Do you prefer fuzzy or tub socks?
Depends on the weather... if it’s winter I definitely like fuzzy. If it’s in the summer...none because I would rather wear my summer shoes. (Flip flops or sandals)!
- Are you a person who makes their bed in the morning, or do you not see much point?
There’s no point. I’m the only one who sees it and I’m only going to mess it up that night anyway.
- Be honest, how often do you wash your hair?
I wash my hair at least every other day. There’s been a time or two where I’ve went three days, but then I have to wash it.
- Do you get road rage? What pisses you off the most about other drivers?
Surprisingly, I don’t drive... yet!
- Do you go out of your way to kill bugs? Are there any that make you screech and hide?
I will go out of my way to get away from any bug. They make me run and hide.
- Coffee or Tea?
Coffee in the morning. Iced tea in the afternoon.
- What is your biggest phobia?
Bees and spiders
- What’s your biggest pet peeve when it comes to social media? (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
I hate seeing a bunch of food posts on Facebook and I hate seeing a person “like” their own status. It’s honestly like high fiving yourself after a job well done. Obviously you like the post dumb asses because YOU wrote it.