ANNOUNCEMENTS

If you're looking for behind the scenes, exclusive content.... be sure to join my Facebook group where I post almost daily. Just click on the FB icon below!!!

Friday, February 16, 2018

Sneak Peek Friday: #loveyoumore

Can you believe we are already in week three of the month? It's going by so fast. But let's not let that bum us out because I have another preview for you today from #loveyoumore.

What are your thoughts on this book? Intrigued? Excited? Tell me more...

****

I jerked awake in a panic to see what time it was. I didn't want to sleep in too much since Tyler was here. We only had the day left with each other before he had to pack up and head back to base. I wanted to spend as much time as possible with him, especially since I didn't know if he'd come back. That was what worried me. This man was perfect, but was I enough to keep him coming back?
I stepped out of the shower to the aroma of coffee wading through the air; followed by the smell of something delicious. My stomach gurgled in response. Once I was completely ready for the day, I joined Tyler downstairs. He was dressed in only his pajama pants and no shirt; which brought my attention to his muscular back.
"Good morning," I said, taking a deep breath. "Something smells good," I finished as I sat at the table.
"Good morning and I'm making you breakfast. I hope you like omelets." he turned to face me, "Oh, that cup is for you." he said, bringing my attention to the cup of coffee on the counter.
"You didn't have to do all of this," I said, my heart filled with appreciation.
"No biggie. Just thought you'd enjoy some of my grandmother's special omelets. Let me know what you think." he said, putting a plate in front of me.
It was huge and stuffed with onions, green peppers, tomatoes, and cheese. It smelled just as it tasted; delicious. "Hmmm," I said, showing him my liking to his breakfast.
"What's so special about them? Not to be mean, but you've made them exactly how I like them. The cheese isn't overbearing and I love the perfect taste of onions and peppers."
"See... if I told ya... I'd have to kill ya." he joked and then winked.
I rolled my eyes, "Whatever!" I said, popping a huge bite of food into my mouth.
"That's real ladylike... must make the guys come running."
I unsuccessfully tried to stick my tongue out at him. He burst out in laughter and sat down next to me to eat his breakfast. The laughing came out of nowhere and I could see by the look in Tyler's russet brown eyes. I folded my arms, eyebrows arched, waiting. Within moments, Tyler's laugh exploded like an opening of a water valve. I tried to keep a straight face, pushed my loose bangs behind my ear, and stood up to get more coffee.
"Where ya going?"
"What...I'm not allowed to have more coffee?" I sarcastically asked, pouring myself another cup.
"Nope." He laughed, getting up and coming over to me.
Suddenly, I found myself laughing with him as he tickled my sides. I waved my hands in the air as in a surrender. I tried to catch my breath and snorted in the process. Staring at him wide-eyed, shocked that I actually snorted, he started laughing. I tickled him back when I had a clear shot. With each surge of laughter, it released some of the tension I had hanging over me. It felt good to be filled with pure joy as we laughed. As soon as I was able to, I broke free and ran to the other room with him following close behind.
I tried to run from him by going around the coffee table, but I stubbed my toe instead and fell down on the couch. Rubbing my foot, I said, "Truce!"
"I'll give it to you this time. Next won't be so easy."

No comments:

Post a Comment