ANNOUNCEMENTS

If you're looking for behind the scenes, exclusive content.... be sure to join my Facebook group where I post almost daily. Just click on the FB icon below!!!

Monday, December 30, 2019

End of The Year Tease

Its great you decided to visit since this is the last post for 2019!!! 😃

It has been a year! Unfortunately, not for my writing. I've had some struggles keeping up with writing. I'm praying 2020 will be a lot better. 

Anyway, let's celebrate the end of the year with a small teaser from
FUMBLED FAITH!! (My next book on the list for publishing.)


(C) ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Do NOT use or reproduce in ANY form.
Protected Content.


In a feeble attempt to get breakfast, I tried my hand at some bacon and eggs. Cooking had been one skill I lacked. Mom did most of the cookery growing up while Grace took care of it once we moved in together. Until now, I didn’t realize how hard cooking was. There must be a specific intergalactic alignment or moon phase that made Grace whip up some exclusive meals in this kitchen over the years. Cabinets rose like sky scrappers in all directions as I checked each one for some sort of pan to fry my food. I briefly watched Grace some mornings busying herself skillfully around the kitchen. I got a few eggs and grabbed the large pack of bacon from the top shelf of the fridge. Then, got to work. The package of bacon was sealed like it was going out of style, so I grabbed a knife, cut it open, and cut my finger too. Who knew that the chef knife set had been that sharp. This little nib didn’t stop me. After a few minutes of grumbling, I wrapped my injured finger and went back to work. I lit the gas stove and put the bigger frying pan on the burner. I dumped a bit of oil when I missed, and a small amount landed on the floor. I made the mental note to clean it up later.
Everything seemed to be going well. Bacon was frying in a pan. The oil sizzled in the smaller one as I grabbed the egg, only to find out that it didn’t need that much strength to crack it. Huge chunks of shells fell into the eggs and I did my best to scoop them out. Shortly after, I realized I didn’t grab anything to flip the eggs, so I rushed around the kitchen finding something to use when I hit the oil on the floor and fell. All the air in my lungs came out in a whoosh as I hit the floor. Laying in my pool of misery, I forced myself up, grabbed the cooking utensil and struggled to flip the now overdone egg. That’s when hell broke loose, and the bacon grease popped out of the pan on to my arm. Winching in pain with each hit, I shuffled the bacon around until it was a little too crispy. The bacon was unloaded on the plate and I slide the eggs in beside it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment